June 22, 2006

Two Tourists at Churchgate, Mumbai


Churchgate railway station was designated the meeting point for the team. Thirty of us from our company had signed up for the Dream Run section of the Mumbai Marathon early this year. The station was awash with runners, mostly the 9-to-5 office lot, and for once the commotion of participants talking, exchanging notes, changing into their running-clothes, and frantic calling out to team mates drowned the buzz of trains. Colourful t-shirts with slogans printed on them, espousing causes the runners sponsored, turned the station into a holiday mood.

While we waited for the rest of our team members before leaving for the starting line, I saw these two tourists oblivious to the buzz, busy deciding what to buy at a stall inside the station. One of them wore a hat that caught my attention. I’m accustomed to seeing pictures in newspapers showing tourists to India welcomed with garlands. For a change, a garland hung from the stall in welcome, and not from their necks.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice observation

Vj said...

wonderful

Anil P said...

Thanks, guys.

Anonymous said...

you dont leave your camera behind even when you go for a marathon do you!!

Anil P said...

To Anon: Yup, I ran the Dream Run that day lugging my camera along :) I needed some company, and who better . . . :)

Anonymous said...

Which camera and what lenses do you take pictures with Anil?

Anil P said...

I use the Nikon FM10 fitted with a Sigma 28-105 mm lens. I haven't used my other lens, Quantaray 500 mm, much. I use a 2X extender for the big guy, though the optical quality falls off.